Residential and Commercial Moves and Packing Service in Texas
- We charge $65 per hour for 1 person, $100
per hour for a team of 2, $135 per hour for a team of 3, and $170 per hour for a team of 4.
- The total billable job time is always rounded up
in 15 minute increments, not by full hours. For example, if we worked
for 2 hours and 6 minutes, you would be billed for exactly 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- There is a minimum labor charge of $200 for any
- If your move originates and ends in the San Antonio area, we bill a fixed 1 hour to cover our trip/truck/equipment charge. If your move starts or ends outside of ~25 miles from I-10/1604 (NNW area, by UTSA),
your billable time will start and end at that major San Antonio intersection, according to our GPS. Lunchtime is never
part of the bill.
- The 28' (24' plus 4' attic) box truck or 36' (28' plus 8' attic) enclosed moving trailer, fuel, dollies, blankets, and basic damage protection
($0.60/pound/item) are included with the above rates. Other packing
supplies and extra insurance can be purchased separately.
- We do not charge sales tax on the hourly labor rates.
- We use tape during the moves to hold the furniture pads to the furniture.
The tape is $1.75 per roll plus tax, and most moves use between 2 and 8 rolls of tape. The tape allows
us to use dollies more effectively without the pads coming off the furniture. It also serves to keep the
pads secure enough that they will keep the drawers and doors of furniture from opening.
- Fixed-price moves are occasionally
available, depending upon the situation, but we typically work by the hour.
- Adding a second truck to the job adds an additional $25/hour to the hourly rate.
- If the move takes us over of 50 miles round-trip, starting and ending at I-10/1604 in San Antonio, an additional charge of $10 per hour per truck will apply. If diesel is over $3.00 per gallon,
the cost over $3.00 per gallon will be added to the bill, based on 7 mpg. For example, if the round-trip move mileage is 300 miles, and diesel is $3.50 per gallon, we would charge a
fuel surcharge of $0.50*300/7, or $21.
Any overnight stays will result in an overnight/overtime charge equivalent to around 1 hour of labor per night depending on the location and the crew size. An overnight stay is deemed necessary
if we are out of town and would have to work more than 14 hours on your move that day if we were to make it back to San Antonio on the same day.
Individual Item Moving:
- Single-item deliveries and specialized item moving is typically billed
at the same rate as normal moves, and they typically cost our minimum fee of $200.
Piano moves and gun safes typically cost between $200 and $300. Some items, depending on difficulty and risk, will be
quoted at a fixed price. For example, we moved a 1500 lb gun safe for $400 even though it would have cost less by the hour.
Note that we do not move most pianos or gun safes over 500 lbs up or down flights of stairs.
- Depending on our availability and workload, We will often do an on-site estimate for free if
you order $100 or more in moving supplies from us. We will bring the
moving supplies to your house at the time that we perform the estimate. See
Box-Go-Round's website for more
details on the supply delivery service.
- Estimates are always free, but keep in mind
that they are only estimates. There are a lot of variables involved,
and it's hard to say for sure how long a move will take, especially over the
phone. We will do our best to estimate the number of hours it will
take, based on similar moves that we have done in the past. In some situations, a quote can be given with a fixed price, but we almost always charge by the hour.